Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fire, Fire, Fire!

A few weeks ago Brad started the Fire Academy. So far he has really enjoyed it, but holy smokes, it is rugged. It is a lot like boot camp. They have to run miles, do "up-downs", carry classmates, and jump out of windows while wearing all their gear. He has been doing about 80 hours a week between working 2 jobs and attending the fire academy. The picture below is just after his first day of class when he got all of his gear. He doesn't look excited in the picture, but he was. The timing of all of this couldn't be more perfect for Caden since he is obsessed with fire trucks. We all can't wait until the end of December when he will be done and hopefully certified.





7 comments:

Steve said...

That is awesome Brad! I have a lot of respect for firemen and what they do for our communities. Good Luck!

Melissa said...

Good luck Brad! That's awesome. And Caden is getting so big. We need to see more pictures. :)

Jami and Family said...

How exciting, I swear that kid does everything! He must be so busy, how are you coping with him being gone so much? Well tell him good luck with everything!

Holly said...

Wow, congrats Brad! Good luck!

Pollards said...

Caden is so cute!

Christy Bateman Mathatas said...

I am so excited that you get to be a fireman! Good luck, it sounds intense!

sara cardon said...

Yahoo for Brad!! I hope he graduates with flying colors.:) Caden is SO big and SO cute-- I barely recognize him from the little baby I saw 2 summers ago!!