

My dear Grandmother fell and broker her shoulder in December and was not able to return back to her independent living apartment until the beginning of March. She had to have surgery and a lot of therapy to get her to the point where she can begin therapy on her shoulder and is independent enough to live at her apartment. I am one of the lucky few that live close and can visit her often and I love it! My kids love it too. Caden always looks forward to the M&Ms, popcorn, and soda fountain. Yesterday we caught Grandma playing Bingo and waited for her to finish (I heard the residents get quite upset if you interrupt or disrupt Bingo). Then we walked around and visited for a while. Jane has never been known to hold anyone's hand. She always wants to run free, but yesterday when my grandma (her great grandma) offered her pointer finger to Jane, she took it and didn't let go. I thought it was kinda funny, and touching at the same time so I had to get a picture. I thought to myself how funny this was because we think my grandma must have tripped and fallen when she broke her shoulder and Jane, at her age, is tripping quite frequently too. What a terrible combination. What you can't tell from the picture is that Jane was wearing squeaky shoes and everyone was laughing as they walked (squeaked) by together. We are all so happy that my Grandma is home and happy.
1 comment:
Oh great picture! That is so awesome you can go and visit her I am sure she loves seeing your kids.
Post a Comment